In 1954 the club acquired a new clubhouse. Formerly used as a contractor’s office during the building of the Woodhead Railway Tunnel it was a significant improvement on what had gone before.
Minutes from Council Meetings
Annual General Meeting for 1950 held at the “Bridge Inn”
“Captain’s Prize – The Competition for the Captain’s Prize was abandoned. The competition sheet was inadvertently destroyed by H. Newbury” !
Annual General Meeting held at the “Bridge Inn” November 24th 1953
“It was proposed by Mrs. R Sims and seconded by Miss E Stanton that with the purchase of a larger Clubhouse more funds would be needed and that the Club Annual Subscription be raised to 10/- per annum. An amendment that the subscription be left at 5/- was proposed by Mr. Ken Williams and seconded by Mr. H V James. Upon a vote being taken the amendment was carried”