The 1930′s

The original clubhouse circa 1935 1930's Fixtures Book Fixtures for 1939 July Fixtures 1930'sThe original clubhouse circa 1935. Arthur Joseph, the Owner / Professional lived in the white cottage on the left of the picture. Also to the left is a copy of a fixture book from 1939

Minutes of Council Meetings

Meeting held at “Cosy Cafe”, Buckley, December 12th 1933

“It was agreed to put a notice in the clubhouse reminding members that the subscription of 2/6 was due on October 1st 1933″

Meeting held at “Bridge Inn”, Padeswood, June 13th, 1934

“Agreed to purchase scorecards from Mr. Cropper – 500 for 11/6″

Meeting held “Cosy Cafe”, May 3rd 1937

“Out of minutes the question arose as to how a ‘cup ball’ should be placed and the following was agreed. ‘Cup ball’ on the fairway to be released from cup, position on to lip of mark.”

Meeting held at the Clubhouse, August 12th 1939

” Mr Joseph, the proprietor, was invited into the meeting and the Competition Secretary explained the procedure required in order to obtain a licence. This was not possible as certain regulations regarding the premises and sanitary arrangements did not fufill the requirements of the Justices’ Clerk.”

.