The railway line from Chester to Mold opened in the mid 1800's and the station at Padeswood opened in 1850. The line was extended in 1869 to Denbigh.
The station was renamed Padeswood and Buckley in 1894. Although this line could never be described as a main line it did host regular passenger services between Corwen, Ruthin, Denbigh, Mold and Chester. Freight facilities were withdrawn in August 1956 and the station closed in January 1958. All passenger services on the line ceased in 1962 but the line continued in use to serve a chemical factory near Mold until 1983.The track was lifted in 1985.
On the left of the picture are the railway workers cottages and at the right hand end is the larger Station Master's house. The railway cutting has long been filled in but the houses survive.
Photographs (Chris Dawson collection)