In 1954 the club acquired a new clubhouse. Formally used as a contractors office during the building of the Woodhead Railway Tunnel it was a significant improvement on what had gone before.
The picture shows Arthur Joseph teeing off at the opening ceremony.
Minutes from Council Meetings
Annual General Meeting for 1950 held at the "Bridge Inn"
"Captain's Prize - The Competition for the Captain's Prize was abandoned. The competition sheet was inadvertently destroyed by H. Newbury" !!!!!!!!!!
Annual General Meeting held at the "Bridge Inn" November 24th 1953
"It was proposed by Mrs. R Sims and seconded by Miss E Stanton that with the purchase of a larger Clubhouse more funds would be needed and that the Club Annual Subscription be raised to 10/- per annum. An amendment that the subscription be left at 5/- was proposed by Mr. Ken Williams and seconded by Mr. H V James. Upon a vote being taken the amendment was carried"